Gee Construction Ltd, an Essex based Main Contractor that has been in business for over 150 years have become the latest company to adopt EasyBuild , in doing so they will be replacing another construction software provider that they had been using for 19 years.
Gee Construction who are part of The Headcrown Group Plc a top 100 construction company, are the final company within the group to adopt EasyBuild, following on from Cruden Group and J F Finnegan who both adopted the system in 2015.
The business had identified the need to change from their incumbent provider and identified the following reasons to do so:
- Previous systems were based on traditional accounting software and did not offer wider construction project reporting and information control.
- Improvement of the financial management of projects and consolidation of information.
- Getting information out of their previous system for detailed breakdown of project accounts was hard to do.
- Need for more robust CVR reporting, project budgeting and forecasting.
Gee decided that EasyBuild was the best solution for their business, the key reasons they chose EasyBuild as noted by their Finance Director Nigel Rickman are;
- “Most construction accounting packages do not include all of the project finance lifecycle in one solution; EasyBuild’s product recognises this. With Pat McGowan (EasyBuild, Founder and Chief Technology Officer) being a construction accountant it shows in how the solution has been developed and how user friendly it is.”
- “EasyBuild carries a job through the entire life cycle of a project from marketing through inputting the budget to quantity surveying and cost management, this is ideal as it will be used by a wide variety of our business and reduces the amount of systems we have to use and thus saves us money in licence fees.”
- “After showing EasyBuild to colleagues, all departments bought into the idea of the system and are looking forward to using it.”
- “EasyBuild will make processes much more efficient by reducing duplication of information, save time by automating a number of key tasks, give better control and improve productivity.”
- “We like the fact that the modules are linked, especially the integrated approach of surveying reconciling completely with the company accounts.”
- “We are happy that all areas of the business will be using the same system, meaning better clarity and transparency for the business.”
- “We believe that should our processes alter, EasyBuild is flexible enough to be able to cater for future developments and that the system provides resilience for the future, reducing investment costs and avoiding the need to fund new systems.”
- “We feel that EasyBuild are better value for money than what we previously used and that we will have a true partner relationship with them.”
We welcome Nigel and his team to using EasyBuild and look forward to a long and successful partnership.